Friday

Procrastinate...

This is a beautiful photo of Lucille Ball but I'll explain why she's here later...

Hello I'm Emma and I'm a procrastinator.


 I like to think I'm a pretty laid back easy going person because I was as a kid; but the truth is however that work STRESSES ME OUT!!! The last few weeks have been so busy for everyone I know, most of my friends are in their last year of university (like myself) or have started working and building up their careers. Sometimes its comforting to know that everyone is in the same boat! 

 But what I've learned over the last while is:

1. To not be so selfish in times of stress - everyone has something going on in their lives and even though things are hard for you at the moment its important to take a step out of your own head and see what's going on in your friends and families lives. 

2. Share how your feeling - I was so determined not to let final year get to me, at the start of term our lecturers tried their best to scare us into action and I took it with a pinch of salt. As the work piled on a tried to keep positive and organise my time... but then I started getting grumpy. On Sunday I cracked and told my boyfriend how I was so short of time and I didn't know what to do; it felt so much better letting it out and he helped me work out some of my problems! Sometimes you need someone to see things from outside the situation.

3. Don't be so proud - I'm not sure why I didn't just tell him in the first place! Oh yeah...it was pride. I didn't want to admit I'd failed and got stressed. But guess what... we all fail. I'm not perfect and neither are you, the sooner I except that the better!

4. Get some perspective - My problems are no as bad as they seem,by next year none of this is really going to matter! Hard times are where we grow as people and learn valuable lessons but there are always growing pains.

5. Don't procrastinate! - Despite all the problems I shouldn't put them off because the problem is always going to be there. Plus business is just a part of life. Being busy in all the areas of my life at least means I'm not wasting the time I have here!

And as a wise woman once said:
 "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do"
Lucille Ball 


Emma x






No comments:

Post a Comment