Sunday

Prodigal

Hello!

I have returned! For good this time (promise). I have got my new laptop! Isn't she a beauty?



I am now broke again of course but thats life!

Anyway, now to start with what I really wanted to show you. As you know I have been busy with exams over the last few weeks and now I am straight into my research project... No rest for the wicked and all that.

As a nice treat the Boy took me to Dublin for the day and it was perfect. We got up early and got the 7.30am train; as I had been out celebrating the night before I had only managed to capture 3 hours sleep and was therefore passed out for most of the journey.

When we arrived he bought me to an exquisite place for breakfast, it was quite far out from the city centre and for a while I thought we had got lost, but  before our stomachs could let out their hungry growls, we found it.

The Boy had done his research and said this was supposed to be the best place for breakfast in Dublin and I can see why, if you are ever in the city you must visit Tiesan Cafe (46b Harrington st). It was possibly the best coffee I have ever had, which isn't surprising as they abide by the proverb that coffee should be "as strong as the devil, as hot as hell and as sweet as love". I didn't even need to add milk as it was already so creamy... definitely up there in my top 5 coffee moments. The food was gorgeous also, I had the eggs benedict and the Boy had french toast made with Guinness bread with bacon and a mix of strawberries and blueberries... needless to say we shared!

The main part of the cafe is in an outside area and as it is rather chilly, wonderfully snuggly blankets are provided which I adored! 





This was the start of our Dublin adventure, more to come soon!

Its great to be back, 

Emma xx


No comments:

Post a Comment